The kid’s party has left you with sticky chewing gum on your precious carpet?
The Woolmark Company suggests the following steps to remove chewing gum from your wool carpet.
- With a knife or a spoon gently remove as much gum as possible, then using a commercial spray gum remover spry the gum. This spry is designed to ‘freeze’ the gum so that it will be easier to chip away from the carpet, or fabric or bedding.
- Once the gum is removed, using a small piece of non-coloured sponge or white cloth apply tepid water working inwards from the edge of the area. Avoid rubbing.
- Using non-coloured paper towel, tissues or absorbent clothes remove excess moisture.
- To accelerate the drying process place a clean cloth on top of the affected area and blow dry with a fan or a reversed cycle vacuum nozzle.
- When the area is dry restore pile by brushing gently.
If unsure about the correct cleaning procedures or if the stain fails to respond to the treatment, call a professional carpet cleaner as quickly as possible.
Please note that this advice is offered in good faith and we don’t accept any responsibility for claims arising from the suggested treatments.
Choosing the right carpet cleaner could be challenging. Our company is ITI Certified and has over 8 year experience in both commercial and residential carpet cleaning in Sydney, NSW.
Contact us today on 1300 351 982 for more information on how to get chewing gum out of carpet, carpet cleaning in Sydney NSW and to find out more about our cleaning services.